Look For The Helpers

I recently watched the documentary film "Won't You Be My Neighbour?" with my cousin Ali. I forewarned him that I would probably cry, which I did, because I grew up with Mr. Rogers', my heart and soul a part of his neighbourhood. Tears aside, he was a remarkable human being who taught entire generations of children to "look for the helpers", among countless other lessons. This valuable message of seeking those who are not only capable of helping but have the desire to help applies to every aspect of life. Today we focus on my neighbourhood helpers, of whom I could not live without:

My Tailor

If anything rips, tears off or needs to be taken up or in, Teresa Le is the woman to go to in Midtown Toronto. She's not only a professional tailor, but sometimes I think she's a wizard. You won't catch her tooting her own horn as she describes her work as reliable and affordable, which it is. But really, it's kinda amazing what she can fix. She's also Old School;  no website, darlings. Call her at 416-924-9921 or visit in person at 1394 Yonge Street. 


For The Love of Bags and Shoes

I'm not going to wax poetic here: if your shoes or bags are broken in any way, go to Kaner's. They can handle all your repairs but especially your high end bags and shoes that require a skilled hand. Kaner's Handbags & Shoe Repair, 110 Bloor St.W, 416-920-9982

Creeds

If you think dry cleaning is all the same, then stop reading this now. Click the "x" at the top right of your screen and have a nice day.
Creeds is where I take my super expensive and delicate cashmere, my fancy Moncler winter jacket and a couple of vintage wool and alpaca coats I wouldn't let just anyone touch let alone attempt to clean. Yes, the pricing is higher than most but the quality of their work is exceptional, renewing your garment to like-new status. Also, the very experience of dropping off your items at their Dupont location is gorgeous. Or just have your items picked-up then shipped in style to your place. Either way, Creeds is the way to go. www.creeds.com  390 Dupont Street  416-923-2500


My Face Team

It takes a village to raise a child, as the saying goes. I would say the same thing for taking care of my face. My Numero Uno team are the lovely ladies of Laser Essential, located at 1386 Yonge Street, just south of St. Clair. They offer an incredible list of services that encompass the means to your beautiful face and body: photo facials, laser hair removal, botox, fillers, every facial known including Oxygen and Vitamin C therapy (highly recommend their signature facial which will revamp and refresh your skin immediately). The service is excellent, their pricing is very reasonable and you'll adore your results. www.laseressential.ca
These are stock photos I pulled off the web, but I think they illustrate what I'm discussing for of those who need a visual. P.S. Laser Essential offers amazing deals when you purchase bulk sessions. A MUST!



-XO





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicago, See....

There is An End!

St.Clair West Style