Keepin' It In The Neighbourhood

It's vital to keep our local economies thriving and that means investing in goods and services in our  neighbourhoods before we go big box. Thankfully, I learned this at a young age while operating a small business instead of a classroom and had first hand experience in how that affected the micro-economies we were building, the employment rates of people we actual knew and what success really looked like to each other. I love keeping it local and Eleven Thirty is a prime example of a brand I will buy into.

Like most women, I love me a sweet bag. By bag I mean purse, pocketbook, handbag, evening bag, catchall, carryall, whatever you call it, I LOVE IT. And over the years, I have acquired a bit of a collection which came from necessity; I'm pretty hard on my bags, so a constant rotation needed to be implemented for the sake of longevity. Sexual innuendo aside, I am always looking for a bag that can take a beating without having to forfeit style.

That is where Toronto's self-taught designers Mariel Gonzalez and Alexa Schoorl come in. Their creations are first and foremost, GORGEOUS yet practical, crafted with leather that has its own characteristics meaning each bag is one of a kind and built to last.
There is nothing precious or fussy or over the top about the designs here, but the quality ranks in the realm of higher end purses, just one difference: you don't need to break the bank to own one.

Visit their showroom space at 1130 College Street, Toronto or shop online at www.eleventhirtyshop.com I highly recommend a physical visit though, so that you can use your senses to admire and enjoy their designs in person. It's otherworldly without leaving the neighbourhood.
Here is one of my ElevenThirty purses living the life in NYC's West Village. This bag goes with EVERYTHING: travel, dinners out, bike rides through the city, job interviews, running errands and date nights. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicago, See....

There is An End!

St.Clair West Style