Body Beautiful...

When your digestive system is out of whack your whole world becomes a horrible place to live in. That's why I am just as diligent at how gorgeous my guts are as I am at the taking care of my outward appearance. If your insides are rotten, who cares how pretty or fit you are: you're a mess, girl.

So here are some of my favourite secret weapons, aside from the basics (Lots of water, sleep and physical activity):


I start the day with a Vega One shake because I don't often roll out of bed desiring a plate of food, I would rather drink my morning meal. I make it even more simple by just adding it to some cold almond milk and shaking it vigorously (upper arm workout!). Each serving includes: 20 grams of protein, 6 grams of fibre, 6 servings of greens, 50% of your daily food based vitamins and minerals, antioxidants, 1.5 grams of Omega-3's, probiotics. It's only 160 calories to boot, which you could burn off by that aforementioned upper arm workout. Any dietary concerns? This stuff is gluten free, dairy free and is plant based for all your vegan needs. Your guts are gunna love it!

I NEED COFFEE in the morning to function. No, really, I do. I normally take my coffee black but when I am feeling je ne sais quoi, I use Silk Almond For Coffee. This dairy free addition doesn't curdle like most non-dairy coffee compliments and is only 4 grams of sugar per serving (cane sugar!).  Oh and it's also delicious without having to suffer the effects of dairy or running to my closest Starbucks for a $6 almond latte. It's pretty sweet so a little goes a long way. *Also amazing in chai tea*

Why fermented foods? Well, good bacteria is essential for a healthy digestive system and fermented foods are loaded with them. However, if you don't have the time or the constitution to wolf down some sauerkraut or kimchi, this is the next best thing. I use this as a weekly supplement especially if I have fallen off the nutritional wagon, i.e. cheap BBQ meats, being "too busy" to eat well, or when I have consumed birthday cake, Honestly, cake will kill us all.
Be mindful that this supplement is one of the strongest I have tried and that is why I take it once a week. 
Hey, Kombucha!! This fermented beverage is a lifesaver. Your digestive system will thank you. I recommend GT's Organic Raw Gingerade. Plenty of enzymes and probiotics with a tart and sharp gingery flavour without any of that yeasty smell that Kombucha is associated with. Pour over lots of ice and enjoy!

-XO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicago, See....

There is An End!

St.Clair West Style