Oh Matthew! I love it.

I am always craving a new dress. Not just any old frock, but a good dress. Wandering around the shops, I am bombarded by tacky, trendy and trashy. What's a girl gotta do to get a good dress, I wondered?

Enter: Matthew King.

Having befriended the local (and talent drenched) Toronto designer, we both got on the topic of my random and empty handed search.

Matthew: "What's the matter Mayers?"
Moi: "Oh nothing, just trying to find a new dress for the season, but I keep seeing all the same crap. Nothing is classy and yet has a dash of the ole rock-n-roll."
Matthew: " I got something for ya...when do you need it by?"
Moi: "Immediately."

Lo and behold, Matthew drops off a little number to me at my studio. I remove it from the bag with slight hesitation, then nearly stop breathing.

The stretch jersey is thick, yet supple, almost has a suede touch. Buttery, I thought as I stripped down and slipped on the new dress. It wasn't black....which I can safely say is my uniform non-color of choice. It was a deep, royal blue; reminding me of the darkest depths of the sea.

The sleeves were three quarter length and had a slight bell shape at the end. The neckline plunged, head first into the pool of my demure cleavage, showing off one of my best bits; my collarbone.
Around the edge of the neckline was a circle of grommets, hand hammered in and interwoven into the small silver holes was a silver chain that shifted lengths as I moved towards the mirror.

Without knowing, just by the feeling, it fit and felt like me.

Matthew is busily creating my next dress as we speak.
Heaven.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicago, See....

There is An End!

St.Clair West Style